[clug] RAID-1 would have helped...

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Fri Oct 24 17:18:48 EST 2003

Well then there's other points of failure.

RAID is good, but no protection if the entire server gets fried
(unless you pull disk sets from the server on a regular basis
and lock them in a cupboard somewhere).

If bandwidth were cheap enough, I'd love to take a disk set to
a friend's house and then use rsync to duplicate my /home over there.

The demo was a hoot though. All those blinking floppy lights
reminded me of my Amiga 500. :o)

Antti