[clug] Sun video (RG13?) to VGA converters

David Tulloh u3303664 at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 17:49:14 EST 2003

I attempted a similar conversion some time ago.
I couldn't find a cheap converted so I attempted to re-wired it by hand,
a pinout is at:
http://www.monitorworld.com/Cables/hd15male_to_13w3male_pinout.html

The monitor was a Sun GDM-1662B.

The first attempt was very poorly done, wiring directly into the case.
It worked enough to tell me that I was on the right track.
My second attempt is to join the middle of two cables, but I haven't had
the time to finish it.

One thing you also have to bare in mind is that it is a fixed refresh
rate.  I was going into my PC and used the following mode-line.
Mode "1280x1024"
         DotClock 82
         HTimings 1024 1112 1192 1224
         VTimings 768 776 784 932
         Flags "+hsync" "+vsync"
EndMode
Not sure if its correct, from memory I calculated them myself.

David