[clug] SEC: Unclassified

Michael Carden michaelc at panasonic.com.au
Wed Oct 22 13:53:55 EST 2003

> Subject: Newbie looking to build network at home

> If anyone has a Pentium PC (any version will do) that they are selling or
> is just taking up space at home, I would be interested in obtaining it.

A Pentium? Why set the bar so high?

:-)

My home network:

56k modem - donated to me by a friend who took pity on my 28.8
Rescued from the tip for $0 AMD486 - SmoothWall firewall / DHCP server /
intrusion logging etc.
8 way 10/100 ethernet switch $56 delivered
P133 Win98 box, ex govt $130
AMD K6-400 Debian box (the powerhouse!) ex demo $260
And various crappy printers.

Believe me, you can do the networking thing with very minimal hardware. Go
on, take the SPARCstation. :-)

MC