[clug] HP Pa RISC and Debian linux.

Telek, John John_Telek at tesg5.com.au
Wed Oct 22 10:13:08 EST 2003

Hi,

   I have a HP visualise B2000 400Mhz PA risc box running debian linux.
I would love to know how to get X going ( server fails to start as it
Doesn't like the frame buffer card and cant find a supported chipset. )

I have heard that an OpenGL enabled X server was available from HP but
cannot find this
After doing an extensive search on the net.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me either to an X server or a
methodoligy to get X running
On this nice little beastie.

I have tried HPUX and it's a major learning curve. It's dual booting
HPUX 11i and Debian 3.0 ( Woody )
For HPUX I'd like to find the opengl software I need so as I can play.

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
   John Telek

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments to it:

(a) may be confidential and if you are not the intended recipient, any
interference with, use, disclosure or copying of this material is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please delete it and notify the sender;

(b) may contain personal information of the sender as defined under the
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).  Consent is hereby given to the recipient(s) to
collect, hold and use such information for any reasonable purpose in the
ordinary course of TES' business, such as responding to this e-mail, or
forwarding or disclosing it to a third party.