[clug] Fedora and the future of RedHat

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Wed Oct 22 09:48:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Matthew Hawkins wrote:

> Friends don't let friends use Redhat.

The problem I'm facing is that we have "standardised" on RedHat for Linux.
The alternative was to "standardise" on Windows.  Getting RedHat accepted
was a significant win in what was primarily a Sun shop.

Having AS 2.1 installed also makes it easier to use a RH desktop without
being outside the accepted "standard".  The problem is getting money to
do it.

My original question was more to do with the RedHat desktop stream rather
than Fedora specifically.  I think the answer it that RH10 will be payware
only and what used to be a free download of the current desktop will be
provided through Fedora.

--
Brett