[clug] random ethernet shutdown

Andrew Over andrew.over at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 17 17:02:01 EST 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:47:48AM +1000, Darren Freeman wrote:

> I think the other one isn't supported by Linux 2.4.x yet. I will try
> another card (again 3com) but still if it's a faulty mobo I'd like to
> fix it before something else goes wrong.

Meet nvnet (otherwise known as more dodgy binary nvidia drivers).
2.4.recent has support for everything except the network driver.  2.6.x
has the same, but IIRC neither the ati nor the nvidia drivers
compile/work.

I have the misfortune currently of having an nforce2 mobo with an ati
9600 pro graphics card.  Binary drivers for all!  Still looking for the
(virgin) goats, chickens, black candles, and Necronomicon.  A pocket
Bruce Campbell (no, not the HUMBUG one) might also help.

--Andrew