[clug] Wake-On-Lan with AOpen AK778X, 3C905C-TX?

Gough, Chris Chris.Gough at cit.act.edu.au
Wed Oct 15 15:34:04 EST 2003

>>  - 3Com 3C905C-TX w/WOL
<snip>
This probably isn't much help, since I don't know anything about WOL, except
this: I have a 3C905-something that used to be used in a WOL setup (used to
work, apparently). I stuck it in a machine of mine, and it didn't work.
There was this interference fit type socket with a chip in it, and i figured
it might have something to do with WOL, so I lobotimised it with a butter
knife. The card then worked (and still does), renewing my faith in
psychology. I then sawed the chip in half, but that failed to shed any light
on the strange magic that used to make it work (sorry).

Chris Gough
This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient:

Please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission along
with any attachments immediately.
You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to
any other person.