[clug] MS Access Replacement

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sat Oct 11 10:41:11 EST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 09:54, Randall Crook wrote:

> With this group of tools I can now manipulate the data. BUT I now need a
> user friendly way of data entry. I was thinling along the lines of a web
> interface.

You can do this with OpenOffice too.  Just go to

File - Autopilot - Form

although once you understand how the forms work, some posts I found on Google
suggest that it is easier to do them yourself (rather than using the
autopilot).  YMMV.

NOTE: The thing to keep in mind (from my very brief play with this) is that
you absolutely MUST have a primary key defined for each table, since
otherwise OpenOffice is unable to write to the table.  (Since it is using an
SQL update query rather than a more 'direct' method - it needs a primary
key).  Without a primary key, tables are read only for OO.

For further info on OO, I'd suggest one of their mailling lists.  :-)

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox
Canberra, Australia (UTC +10 hrs)