[clug] MS Access Replacement

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Sat Oct 4 09:50:43 EST 2003

Hi Y'all,

I have been slowly migrating from windows to Linux and am now down to
the last final MS hang over.

I have a number of Access database/apps (pretty menuing systems an cool
reports) am I have been trying to find an easy way of migrating these
DBs across to Linux. BUT I have no idea as to what application for linux
can give me the same style of front end development that access has.

The back end is easy enough, I was planning on using MySQL, but I am
after a simple (ie. don't want to spend 6 weeks learning a new complex
database language) front end tool that allows me to develope reports and
a use friendly gui.

Does any one on the list have some suggestions?

Any help would be apprieciated.....

--
Regards,
rcrook at vtown.com.au