[clug] Out of office autoreplies to list posters

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Thu Oct 2 22:17:14 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:41:30PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:

> Hey,
>
> given that we all agree that out of office autoreplies to list posts are bad
> form, do we have a policy on what to do about them? I've got a whole bunch over
> the last week, and it's starting to get old.

It certainly is annoying. An unsubscribe would be effective but difficult
to do. Perhaps a forward to the list-admin would be useful (but may
be onerous on the admin).

 The o-o-o message goes to the poster and not the list (a small mercy)

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED