[clug] Re: Emitting Source Quench When Queues Are Full?

Rose, Robert Robert.Rose at team.telstra.com
Thu Oct 2 08:09:06 EST 2003

Hi Alex, long time no hear from!

You could probably look at winding down the TCP window size, but obviously this will only help with TCP traffic.  I'm not sure if Linux already has the nerd-knobs in the kernel to allow you to do this, but I'm sure someone is up to the task.

Take a look at hping2, it's a userland app you could probably hack it together with something using libpcap like argus or even snort to do most of what you want.  This would have the advantage of being portable to other platforms too.

Robert Rose
Telstra InterNetworking Solutions
INS Firewall Team (Canberra)
p: (02) 6256 0693