[clug] Emitting Source Quench When Queues Are Full?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Oct 1 23:17:10 EST 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:56:42 +1000 Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

> ECN breaks stuff (since many routers interpret ECN-enabled packets as
> having invalid ToS fields). I wonder if I can selectively disable ECN
> for certain connections... or even certain routes?  Hmm.

Check out "ECN target support" in the 2.4 kernel netfilter config.

  You can use this target to remove the ECN bits from the IPv4 header of
  an IP packet.  This is particularly useful, if you need to work around
  existing ECN blackholes on the internet, but don't want to disable
  ECN support in general.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au