[clug] Decent video cards

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Wed Oct 1 22:43:02 EST 2003

Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at openminddev.net> writes:

> On Tuesday 30 September 2003 21:16, Damien Elmes wrote:
>> I don't have any dual head recommendations, other than the fact that I
>> used to use it on a G400, and found it fun, but not very useful - I
>> found myself constantly moving my head to see if there'd been action
>> on the other screen.
>
> On the other hand, I love a dual head arrangement.  I mainly wanted it so I
> could be coding on my main screen and have a browser on the second screen
> with online references to language foo.  But then I found it really useful
> when browsing the web and being able to view 2 website side by side etc.  And
> just in general I like the extra screenspace.

You might enjoy this then:

http://repose.cx/muse/261001/setup.jpg

I had x2x rigged up so could use the one mouse across all of the
screens. The 2nd and 3rd are dual head, the other two separate
machines. The other keyboard could be used to type stuff into the
machine on the far right, or if you had the main keyboard focus
directed at that machine, you could even place your hands on both
keyboards and type like that - which was kind of novel.

My desk has a lot more space these days :-)

Cheers,
--
Damien Elmes