[clug] Decent video cards

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Wed Oct 1 13:27:53 EST 2003

"Chris Pilkington" <pilch84 at hotmail.com> writes:

> I would have thought all you Linux people would build your computers
> from scratch, out of parts from the computer fair (Cheapest).  I find
> Unix/Linux harder than putting together computers, but then, I only
> have a few years experience in Linux and too many years experience in
> making computers.  It may just be me, but I prefer to save my money
> and put it all together myself.  Just have a go at putting it together
> yourself, it's easier than you probably think it is.

I don't think anyone mentioned buying pre-built computers. I tend to
prefer online retailers, because if you shop around you can find
prices close to that of the markets, and it's more convenient and
easier to chase up a warranty claim. But if there's a markets on
around the time I need to purchase something, it's worth going along.
I haven't had any problems with gear I've gotten there.

Be well,
--
Damien Elmes