[clug] Learning C in a Unix environment

Simon Haddon simon at sibern.com.au
Fri Nov 28 15:04:27 EST 2003

Two books that I have are

Programming in ANSI C, Stephen G. Kochan, Hayden Books,  ISBN 0-672-48408-0
C++ Primer, Stanley B. Lippman, Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-201-54848-8

I cut my teeth on Programming in ANSI C .  Found it a good getting
starting book that didn't presume anything.  Must admit that once I
learned it then I found the K & C book the best reference.

Mind you.  These books cover the language(s) in general and not any
specific libraries that you might want info on.

Cheers,
Simon.