[clug] Source of Hardware Internal Modems?

Alex Satrapa alex at lintelsys.com.au
Fri Nov 28 11:51:18 EST 2003

Does anyone know where I might be able to source one of these modems:

  - 3Com "Condor" (3CP2977-OEM-50)
  - 3Com "Hawk" (3CP2976-OEM-50)
  - 3Com/U.S. Robotics Internet Gaming Modem (3CP5613)
  - Anything with a Lucent "Venus" chipset

I'm trying to set up a PC for my SO, and I'd like to give it an internal
modem (fewer cables to mess with, and it's much tidier). I want a real
hardware modem, not a Winmodem (I've been bitten by the binary-only
driver problem before - with my Aureal Vortex 2 sound card).

Alex