[clug] SCO to go after Google?

Ian McCulloch ianmcc at lorentz.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Nov 28 00:50:31 EST 2003

But SCO denies it....

http://linuxtoday.com/it_management/2003112700826NWSVLL

I have been attempting to avoid torturing myself with SCO news until the
next development that is not based purely on rumor - SCO's only
tactic is to delay the inevitable for as long as possible.  They
said they would sue some large linux user within 90 days, I doubt
they have any intention of announcing anything before day 89 at
least.

Baring something unexpected the next development of substance will be
December 6th, when the three motions to compel discovery in the SCO vs IBM
case go before the judge.

I think the most homourous tactic of SCO so far: In answering the demands
of IBM to produce the code, they gave them thousands (or millions,
depending on where you read it;) pages of paper printout of the source
code to some Unix products (unfortunately none that have any relevance
however).  When IBM said don't be so ridiculous, give it to us on CD -
they gave them dozens of CD's with scanned pictures of the printouts!

groklaw.net seems to be the ultimate repository for all details.