[clug] Dead laptops

Grant Morphett grant at gmorph.com
Mon Nov 24 22:23:14 EST 2003

I have 2 dead laptops in my possession.  Umm, what should/can I do with them?  Be
nice;-)

Here are the details.  They both have batteries and power supplies etc.  The
first one was my main laptop for a couple of years before the processor died.
The second was a friends before it became unstable.

Pentium 200 MMX - it died
800x600 12" TFT - working
No HDD
72Meg of RAM (I think)

Pentium 233 MMX - working
2Gig HDD present but stuffed I think
800x600 12" TFT screen but won't turn on 95% of the time.  Think the power to the
screen is stuffed but the screen itself is ok.
32Meg RAM

Both are no-name brands.  Any ideas?  If anyone wants more details let me know.

Does someone repair laptops in this town and need old dead ones for spare parts.
I think all the first one needs is a HDD and processor and it "might" be ok but I
don't have the time or the inclination to find out.

cheers

Grant