[clug] Debian any good?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Fri Nov 21 18:55:58 EST 2003

On 20 Nov 2003, at 22:06, Brad Hards wrote:

> 1. Has the installer for Debian progressed beyond boot-floppies yet?
> What is
> the right magic download to get something that I might be able to make
> work?

Debian from boot-floppies is *so* last century.

Try the netinst CD or the distribution CDs - at least Disk 1 is
bootable, don't know about the others. Just be aware that the Debian
archives on PlanetMirror are dead (they still haven't recovered from
some sort of disastrous hardware failure that occurred last month), so
try AARNet instead.

Have fun :)
Alex

The Universal Rule of Project Planning: