[clug] Red Hat Forcing a choice?

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Fri Nov 21 15:24:28 EST 2003

Simon Haddon said:
> I guess the only thing that I don't understand is if the new Redhat
> Enterprize versions are open source or not.  Can you still download the
> iso or rpms if you want.

It's their commercial product, so I think you'll have to pay for it, you
can't simply download ISO's of it for nothing.  However, as most (if not
all) of the software on it is covered by the GPL, it is open source and
should you purchase it you're entitled to receive the source code for any
& all of the so-licensed software (if it doesn't already come with such).

--
Matt