[clug] Steep penalty for leaving Netspace

Damien Elmes clug at repose.cx
Fri Nov 14 19:25:09 EST 2003

Wally <wally at wic.net.au> writes:

> Read the fine print - he entered into a contract willingly. Probably got a
> better deal because he commited for 12 months.
>
> The only option I can see is that he offers to pay the balance between the
> contract rate and the non-contract rate for the 5 months he was with them
> plus any admin fees they have.

I was pretty disappointed by the way moving house is handled. I
assume there's some sort of fee Netspace have to pay Telstra for the
reconnection - but it's probably not as much as what Netspace require.

Basically I was a 1 1/2 months off finishing a 12 month contract, when we
ended up moving house. To get ADSL connected at the new place, it's a
$100 reconnection fee, and an extra 6 months on your contract. I want
to move to Melbourne at the end of the year, so I'm basically forced
to write off the the rest of the contract. Annoying.

Regards,
--
Damien Elmes