[clug] Apache running as its users

Paul Bryan pa_bryan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 13:53:47 EST 2003

Oops. Must learn to use List-reply!

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:33:20PM +1100, Michael James wrote:
> What I want is to switch on a per get basis.
> In the authentication phase, once the ID token (cookie, headers)
> has been accepted, priveledge switches to that user.
> This would work independant of the type of page
> be it; plain html, cgi-perl, java, or php.

Have a look at secureCGI[1]. I haven't used it before, so I can't tell you much
about it.

It talks about setting up a clean environment and executing scripts with
owner rights. I'm guessing that means the owner of the script. It may well
do what you want, or get you started anyway.

Cheers,
Paul.

[1] http://securecgi.sourceforge.net/