[clug] ADSL ISP

Simon Fowler simon at himi.org
Mon Nov 10 17:04:19 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:55:28PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 04:57:18PM +1100, Randall Crook wrote:
> > Hi Y'all,
> >
> > I am thinking of getting an ADSL connection to replace the old dial-up.
> >
> > Any recommendations for a decent (read cheap) ISPs?
>
> I recently swapped from Telstra to NetSpace because of price, and have
> been quite happy in terms of performance, reliability and value for money.
> My IP address doesn't seem to be all that dynamic either (but I'm not
> banking on it not changing)

Netspace is fairly good, quite responsive, and they seem to be very
clued in (witness their web site being valid XHTML ;-) They don't
officially support Linux, but I've gotten good support for the few
issues I've had, even when I told them what I was running . . .

On the other hand, they aren't unlimited, and you can't beat up Nemo
at the next CLUG meeting when something goes wrong . . . ;-) I'm
switching to Goldweb when my Netspace contract runs out mostly
because they're unlimited and a bit cheaper, aside from the Linux
shop side of things.

Simon

--
PGP public key Id 0x144A991C, or http://himi.org/stuff/himi.asc