[clug] Null modem in linux

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 4 09:56:07 EST 2003

Hi there cluggers.

I've picked up some of the hubs mentioned previosly, and some of them are managed hubs, with a serial port.
Under windows, Hyperterminal will connect to the terminal, and it all works, same as the HP tools that come with the hub.  But under linux, I can't seem to work out how to connect to the hub through the serial cable.  I've googled and read minicom's man page, but nothing is mentioned about how to use minicom for a direct connection, it seems to want a modem!

Should I be using something else?

Got any pointers?

The hub I'm trying to connect to is a HP Advancestack Switching Hub-24m, HP J3202A.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au