[clug] Putting a server's config under CVS by snarfing /etc

Nemo -earth native- nemo at nut.house.cx
Wed May 28 16:30:36 EST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 03:46:44PM +1000, Michael.James at csiro.au did utter:

> What I want to do is put the whole /etc/ directory under CVS.

You may want to look at subversion also, touted as a CVS replacement
http://subversion.tigris.org/

> (A cron job would take nightly snapshots
>  and capture any un-comitted changes.)

I talked to a guy on IRC once who claimed to keep his entire win98
install in CVS... it certainly has it's merits as far as an uninstall
scheme goes...

However, beyond that, I can't comment. I don't know CVS at all and am
currently forcing myself (at the barrel of a gun, think Fight Club) to
introduce myself to subversion...

.../Nemo