[clug] Raid Enclosures

Chris Delfs delfs at rsc.anu.edu.au
Mon May 26 16:03:41 EST 2003

Does anyone on the list have any experience with SCSI-IDE raid
enclosures.
Basically I am looking for an external box that I can put say 4 IDE
drives in and then connect it to a SCSI chain.  Linux should than see
the all the IDE drives as if they are a single disk.

Some of the things I have seen so far are well over $3000, which seems
a little expensive.  Perhaps I'm wrong and this is this the sort of
money I need to spend,  or are there cheaper alternatives around

I have a feeling something like this has been mentioned on this list
once before.

---
Chris Delfs                             email delfs at rsc.anu.edu.au
Research School of Chemistry            Tel   +(61)(2) 6125 3496
Australian National University          Fax   +(61)(2) 6125 0750