[clug] 2 Monitors - Advice

Bill Clarke llib at computer.org
Mon May 26 14:45:01 EST 2003

Matthew Hawkins wrote, On 26/05/03 14:15:
> Andrew Donehue (andrew at donehue.net) wrote:
>>I currently have a 19" Monitor, and I was thinking about
>>getting a second (the same), and also purchasing a PCI TNT2
>>video card...  The distribution of choice for the desktop is
>>Gentoo - any advice (warnings, hints, etc) - when trying to
>>get two monitors going under linux? :)
>
> First of all, I'm not aware of any TNT2 card that has two monitor plugs
> on the back (or, moreover, dual head support on chip) NVIDIA didn't
> start doing that until later GeForce2 models when they realised they
> were still losing a lot of their marketshare to Matrox.

i presume andrew's mention of a "PCI" TNT2 video card is implying that
he already has a video card for the other monitor.

[snip xinerama/2 screen info]
thanks for that, since i'm interested in dual-head too.

cheers,
/lib
--
/lib BillClarke PostdoctoralFellow CompSci ANU cs.anu.edu.au/CC-NUMA
http://llib.cjb.net llib at computer.org  tel:+61-2-6125x5687 fax:x0010