[clug] exposing a CVS repository to the internet

James Ring sjr at jdns.org
Sat May 24 15:11:19 EST 2003

Hi all,

I was wondering, what is the 'accepted' way of exposing a CVS repository
to the internet (for read-only access). My CVS repository is stored on a
fileserver on my local segment (192.168.0.0/24), and my website is
hosted on a DMZ separated by a firewall. This firewall permits no
connects from the DMZ to the local network.

For me, the most convenient way is to allow the web server to mount a
NFS on the fileserver through the firewall, but I am concerned that this
will be too dangerous if somebody manages to compromise the web server.

Thanks in advance for your time,
James