[clug] Spambayes

Mark Triggs mst at dishevelled.net
Sat May 24 14:59:29 EST 2003

David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> writes:

> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 12:49:26PM +1000, Mark Triggs wrote:
>
>> Once you're confident that it is unlikely to catch false positives, you
>> can have it update its lists of spam/ham words automatically as it
>> receives new messages, so little manual intervention is required.
>
> Again, that's something you want to be really cautious about:  if it
> ever does start getting the wrong idea, it will reinforce itself and
> drift even further off track

Absolutely - I haven't done this myself as yet. Bogofilter and gnus
integrate quite nicely, so I have all spam going to a separate group
which I can inspect before the meqssages are analysed and added to the
spam word list. I'm sure other mail clients would offer similar
functionality.

Cheers,

Mark

--