[clug] Spambayes

Nemo -earth native- nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Wed May 21 12:02:14 EST 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:40:10AM +1000, Rob Shugg did utter:
> How does it cope with the spam we have been getting through clug, I am
> concerned that if i mark this stuff it will treat all clug messages as spam?

I'm currently on spamassassin with it's own bayesiain system turned on,
and it's successfully caught every spam sent to the clug list (and some
other lists I'm on), without generative any false positives.

Personally, I'd be interested to see a comparison of the relative
effectiveness of bogofilter, spambayes, spamassassin, etc... for
example, train each system on the same block of spam and ham, and then
test each on a new block of email known to contain both ham and spam...

Say, 3 months of email logged for the training, and then the next three
months of email as the testing... with a collection of email, such a
test could be accomplished relatively easily I imagine... sounds like it
could make a good clug meet talk/demo/something... if an appriate
pseudo-delivery system could be setup, some rbl lists and other spam
filter methods could be similarly tested.
(http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/junkcode/spamsum/ for example)

.../Nemo