[clug] Problems with BigPong NNTP server?

John newsx1 at bestpond.com
Sun May 18 09:23:32 EST 2003

>Hi Mikal,

> I'm on BigPond ADSL, and I am finding that the NNTP server at
> news-server.bigpond.net.au times out on posting (the post still seems
> to go through).
>
> Does anyone else experience this? Does anyone have a suggested fix?

I have been having problems with this over the past couple of
weeks. First time I ended up inadvertently posting 4 or 5 copies of
the post, and I still showed the post queued in my news
outbox....very strange.
> ObLinux: This is on a Redhat 6.1 Sparc box running pine.

I am running SuSE V8.0 with KDE 3.1.1 using Knode for news. I
have no idea of a fix but I now post the message and then delete it
from the outbox manually.

John