[clug] Another go at apt-proxy

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Fri May 16 13:31:06 EST 2003

Nemo -earth native- (nemo at cheeky.house.cx) wrote:

> Is this a mailman bug?

More likely a "feature" of pipermail, the default web archiving system
mailman uses (if it were a mailman bug, then the attachment would be
screwed in people's mailboxes also, and at least the copy I received
back was fine)

pipermail never used to handle MIME attachments *at all*.  Luckily
mailman lets you use any web archiving system even though it ships
pipermail with it, the trouble is finding one which works (well, works
better than pipermail).  I was unsuccessful last time I embarked on this
mission; I found the ones which handled MIME stuff okay had woeful
- sometimes non-existant - archive browsing features, and vice-versa.

--
Matt