[clug] OT: Hard disk search

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed May 14 17:44:58 EST 2003

Here's a link that shows some of the care required:

http://www.vogon-computer-evidence.com/forensic_bulletin-23/forensic_bulletin_23_5.htm

The key points are that:
	- At no point was the evidence left unsecured or its movements undocumented.
	- An image was created using an accredited method and it was the image that
	  was analysed.
	- As well as recovering pictures, they were able to recover enough
	  information to prove that the defendant *intended* to view the pictures.

Cheers,

Antti