[clug] Linux and Engine Management Systems

Robert Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue May 13 01:16:00 EST 2003

A sort of Linux'y question: anyone on this list played with interfacing to
their car's Engine Management System? Care to share your experiences? Any
tips on mailing lists/we sites I should look out for? I am particularly
interested in Holden Commodore VS series 2 with 3.8l V6 engines, but any tips
or pointers would be welcome.

I am in the process of redesigning my in-car system and want to hook into the
EMS this time, if possible. All running Linux, of course.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.