[clug] sorting /var/mail/$USERNAME ?

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Thu May 8 21:27:16 EST 2003

> I imagine that would work, though I don't know if you might run into any
> race conflicts between your reading and clearing the spool, and hte
> server locking it and delivering a new message... Assuming that's not a
> problem, then I imagine `formail` is your friend.

I went with this suggestion.  It works great. I now have a cron job
running with formail in it:

  10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /usr/bin/formail -D 16384 /home/wiss/baueran/logs/idcache -s /usr/bin/procmail < /var/mail/baueran

At night, when I return from work, I empty the spool file via modem.

Again, thanks for the hint!
Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "Everyone wants results, but no one is willing to do what it takes