[clug] SPAM

Felix Karpfen felixk at webone.com.au
Wed May 7 07:12:19 EST 2003

Martin Pool wrote:

> We are not using SpamAssassin at the moment, just bogofilter, some
> conservative blacklists, and a few local rules.

Two cents worth from a total amateur, who appears to be doing something
similar.

I send my downloaded mail to bogofilter after it has been screened by a
(no-longer-maintained) Canadian filter program called "spamfilter".

"spamfilter" (as set up by me) looks at the message headers and weeds
out obvious spam.  Then "bogofilter" looks at the message texts.  And I
use the mails rejected by "spamfilter" to further train "bogofilter".

So far the combination has worked perfectly for me.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
felixk at webone.com.au