[clug] Debian apt question

Mark Purcell mark at purcell.homeip.net
Sat May 3 16:31:30 EST 2003

Yes,

testing will 'eventually' catchup with what you might of downloaded.

However, eventually might be quite a time as 'testing' has not moved
much at all in recent times.

If things are working fine now then I wouldn't be to worried as this should
continue to be the case. If it hasn't broken already then it shouldn't/
won't break.

The thing to watch out for is Security updates which won't get into testing/
unstable..Anyway.

If you really want to force you can do things like:

`apt-get install libc6/testing` which will force the install of the 'testing'
version.  libc6 should also force everything else out which has been installed
 from 'unstable'

Mark