[LINK] ANU Auctions Supercomputer (fwd)

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Thu Mar 13 12:24:52 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:57:43AM +1100, Brett Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Michael Still wrote:
>
> > Anyone want a super computer? Does it run Linux?
>
> I seem to remember Tridge doing a Linux port to this system.  It was a race
> between him doing a Linux port and someone else doing a BSD port.
>
> There was also talk of gang scheduling or sumpint'...

No Tridge anbd Paulus did the linux port to the AP1000+, it is in the 2.0.*
(and maybe 2.2.*) source tree arch dir.

We have since decomissioned the AP1000 and AP1000+, the AP3000 is still in
use here, though it differs to the 1000 a fair bit.

The VP330 is a vector processing machine (large numbe rof big vector
registers) quite a cool machine, it is situated over in ANUSF.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view