My Debian experience so far

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Mar 12 00:08:29 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:58:32AM +1100, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> Being new to Debian, I have no idea if this kind of delay in getting 'grave'
> bugs fixed in Sid normal or not.  Perhaps I've just been unlucky and hit a
> bad time to have my first unstable Debian experience.

Heheh, you could say so. You landed right in the middle of a glibc + gcc3.2
ABI + KDE + a few other things transition.

> I am extremely reluctant to go back to Woody (and then get the unofficial KDE
> 3.1 Woody backport) as there are a number of other packages I also want from
> Sid.

I don't know. Testing is a somewhat more stable version, though it may not
be new enough for you...

> Perhaps my search for the perfect Linux distribution continues....

Perhaps,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/