Australian Dates under Netscape on Debian

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Sun Mar 9 17:12:40 EST 2003

Sam Couter wrote:

>Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw at openminddev.net> wrote:
>

>>Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.
>>

>I don't know if this will help with your problem, but I can give some
>tips on how to make locales work right:
>
>Make sure the 'locales' package is installed.
>
>Run 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' to configure the package.
>
>Set the LANG environment variable to the name of one of the locales you
>chose to generate. Run 'locale' to see stuff (someone else may be able
>to explain the significance of the stuff you see).
>
>With these steps, the warnings from GTK (and Perl and Python and a bunch
>of other stuff that likes to whinge) should go away. The format of the
>displayed dates in Netscape may or may not change, I have no idea.

That did the trick!  No errors, and correct dates in Netscape.  Thank
you very much!

Now, if only I could get Netscape to default to composing and displaying
as plain text emails, I'd be much happier.  Actually, I'd be much
happier if I had Kmail back.  But it is completely broken in Sid, and
has been for a number of weeks.  Oh well... it will turn up eventually,
or perhaps I'll try out Gentoo after all...

Cheers,

Rasjid.