[clug] TPG ADSL.....

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Mon Jun 30 21:32:35 EST 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:23:40PM +1000, Donovan J. Edye wrote:
> G'Day,
>
> - I am looking at TPG's 256/64 unlimited plan. Is anyone on this plan? How
> have they found the service?

I have that connection at home, I like the static ip address. Anyway so far
it has been faultless, only one long (that I noticed, about 4 hours)
downtime sinc eI got it a few months ago.

> - I will be looking to use Debian with a D-Link DSL200 (Recommended by TPG).
> Anybody got any comments about the best hardware to use with Debian for an
> ADSL connection? Would anyone recommend this hardware or is there something
> "better" out there?

I dont know about hardware, I am simply using it with the adsl bridge/router
thing I got with a telstra connection a few years ago. Works fine, I simply
configure the ethenet card plugged into it with the static ip address tpg
gave me and it works fine.

As for debian, of course you should use it, everywhere :)

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://svana.org/sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view