[clug] ANN: hYPerSonic 1.0

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Jun 30 20:20:41 EST 2003

Simon Burton wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your attention the other night, and thanks to Mikal who wrote a glowing review for my grant application.
>
> I am starting to assemble a release here:
> http://arrowtheory.com/software/sonic/index.html
>
> You will need python2.2 or therabouts.

Debian stable has python2.1, and with it I get the error shown below.

If Python 2.2 is necessary then this is too bad (for me). I cannot
afford the risk of unstable components just to try a new project,
as much as I like it, or I will have a big mess on my hands pretty
soon. Seems that all new projects nowadays require the absolute
latest, and Debian being slow with releases  means the situation
is even worse.

$ make
gcc -g -c sonic_wrap.c  -I/usr/include/python2.1
gcc -Wall -O3     -c filter.c -o filter.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c osc.c -o osc.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c pipe.c -o pipe.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -DHAVE_OSS -c task.c
In file included from task.c:15:
task.h:271: warning: `HAVE_OSS' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
gcc -Wall -O3     -c buffer.c -o buffer.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c memory.c -o memory.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c list.c -o list.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c debug.c -o debug.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c array.c -o array.o
gcc -Wall -O3     -c term.c -o term.o
ld -shared sonic_wrap.o  filter.o osc.o pipe.o task.o buffer.o  memory.o
list.o debug.o  array.o term.o   -lc -lm -lpthread   -lncurses -o
sonicmodule.so
./Sonic.py > /dev/null
  File "./Sonic.py", line 148
    yield x