[clug] Package Installation

Matt Howe mdhowe at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 26 23:12:46 EST 2003

Simon Burton wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:47:18 +1000
>Matt Howe <mdhowe at bigfoot.com> wrote:
>

>>checking for ggiInit in -lggi... no
>>*** Error! needs LibGGI to compile ***
>>please download and install LibGGI and LibGII from
>>ftp://ftp.ggi-project.org/pub/ggi/ggi/current/ and try again
>>[root at purple koth-0.8.0]# urpmi libggi
>>Everything already installed
>>[root at purple koth-0.8.0]# urpmi libgii
>>Everything already installed
>>

>>Thanks
>>Matt Howe
>>

>what distribution is this?
> on RH i use things like "rpm -qa|grep ggi" alot
>and often go to fr2.rpmfind.net to find package names etc. etc.
>
>Simon.

Ok, i'm using Mandrake 9.1. I tried the grep command and it tells me
that its installed and i have installed the packages with urpmi, but it
just can't seem to find them anywhere????

Matt

[matt at purple matt]$ rpm -qa|grep libggi
libggi-2.0.2-2mdk
libggi2-2.0.2-2mdk
[matt at purple matt]$ rpm -qa|grep libgii
libgii-0.8.2-3mdk
libgii0-0.8.2-3mdk
[matt at purple matt]$