[Linux-aus] Re: [clug] Re: LUG/SIG contacts (was: "SCO case: Australian LUGs")

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Jun 24 20:41:35 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 04:48, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2003, Leon Brooks <leon at cyberknights.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Would it be more appropriate to treat LA (Linux Australia) as the
> > rendezvous point, the single contact, and rely on them to gather
> > opinion from the LUGs when asked? For example, LA's current treasurer
> > is on countless LUG lists, and would probably know who to ask what and
> > how.
>
> I think that would be easier for the media, and pretty appropriate
> given Linux Australia's revitalized role and committee.  It seems to
> make a lot of sense for issues like this which are not at all specific
> to any city or LUG.  If the journalist just wants to talk to a few
> different representative people then I'm sure Pia (the LA president)
> could set that up.

This would also be a good reason to have the private lug@ list, which a
number of people agreed with last month (but to my knowledge hasn't been
fixed up).

- Jeff

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
   it as good as the Macintosh.  To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman