[clug] Interesting article in The Age

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jun 24 12:06:19 EST 2003

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, James McNeill wrote:

> > The phrasing is a bit insulting regardless of who he tried to contact.
>
> I'm not bothered. It was by and large one of the worst written articles I've
> read for months. I've never heard of this guy, he could just be some newbie.
>
> You're right in saying that it was unnecessary to have a go at the user
> groups who didn't write his article for him, but again I say that it didn't
> look like experienced journalism IMHO.

Hmmmmm.

I rang 1800 500 864. Sam is apparently the "online technical editor" and
works for Fairfax (as oppossed to being a newbie subcontractor). The dude
on the phone was quite helpful, and informs me that Sam Varghese's boss is
Mike van Niekerk (mvanniekerk at f2networks.com.au).

I would expect better from an "editor".

Mikal

PS: I'm going to go have a little lie down now. I think the stress of exam
week might be showing through the cracks...

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | Stage 1: Steal underpants
http://www.stillhq.com            | Stage 2: ????