[clug] un-long-listable directory

Warwick Mitchell wmitchell at shed.org.au
Thu Jun 19 21:10:02 EST 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Sam Couter wrote:

> Must be the season for it. In the past couple of weeks I had two
> machines with filesystems corrupted so badly I had to run "reiserfsck
> --rebuild-tree", whatever that does. It meant I had to take the drive
> out of the machine and put it in another working machine to do it,
> because reiserfsck refuses to rebuild the tree on a read-only mounted
> filesystem.
>
> I'll be switching to something else this weekend, methinks.

I've had reiser currupt 2 different file systems and had friends with
similar problmes. The reiser FAQ says that it's usually due to hardware
curruption, but haven't had a problem with any other fs. It appears that
they don't do as many sanity checks or something. Or maybe I've just had
bad luck. :)

	Warwick