[clug] info to html script

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Jun 18 12:48:44 EST 2003

The curse of the Pharaohs on info files
 and all that entomb documentation in them!

What I really want to do is have a read about tar.
You know, "man tar" and use as much (or little) of less as I want to.
But no, on the very bottom of the man page is a note.
This page is out of date, it's really just a placeholder
 to stop complaints about it being missing completely.

I should use (is enjoy compulsory?) info!

Having lost patience (you can tell can't you) with infoing
 with no knowledge of info, I type "info info"
This leads me into a Byzantine labyrinth,
 from which I emerge with the impression
 that this arcane throwback to the bad old days of curses
 is trying to implement HYPERLINKS!
Perhaps it invented them and we all should send money to SCO?

I don't care,
 anyone know a good CGI script that can render info into HTML?

Something that will implement:	http://localhost/info/tar

I mean, to get help info off the screen, just type ^X0
 that's intuitive isn't it?

Back to tar,
michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166