[clug] Problem with X-windows under Debian.

Andreas Bauer baueran at in.tum.de
Tue Jun 17 17:28:51 EST 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:07:10PM +1000, Richard Rose wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having a problem getting X windows working under Debian. I recently
> moved from Red Hat to Debian, and after a few problems installing
> software, managed to install the x-windows-server, KDE, KDM and a few
> other items but when I try to start X I get the message 'Screen(s) found
> but none configured'.

Make sure the association btw. a screen and your Monitor section exists.
My file looks like this:

[...]
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "fujitsu"
        HorizSync       60
        VertRefresh     65-80
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Device          "tnt"
        Monitor         "fujitsu"
        DefaultDepth    16
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth           1
                Modes           "1280x1024"
        EndSubSection
[...]

Andi.

--
(o_  Andreas Bauer, baueran at in.tum.de, http://www4.in.tum.de/~baueran/
//\  "The inside of a computer is as dumb as hell but it goes like