[clug] X configuration troubles

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Mon Jun 16 13:54:53 EST 2003

It might be that X -configure got it wrong and is trying to set the
refresh rate too high.  Then the blinking green light would be your
monitor going into standby mode.

I find X always does this to me.

To get it running, start at a lower resolution and/or refresh rate and
gently crank it up from there, perhaps using xvidtune.  This will
involve editing you XFree86.conf file.  Welcome to hell.