[clug] landscape tru64 to redhat printing problem

Rousak, Boris Boris.Rousak at actewagl.com.au
Thu Jun 12 15:55:03 EST 2003

Greetings all,
I have a printer problem which is as follows: There exists a linux (redhat
7.3 kernel: 2.4.18) server that user lpr to share out printers to several
Tru64 boxes. Under tru64 the lpr command has -o landscape option to convert
the printing to landscape but under redhat this option is missing, in fact
under redhat the only way I could find to print landscape is to: mpage -1lvh
filename | lp. This however means that documents that come pre formatted for
landscape from tru64 end up being printed in portrait after passing through
linux.  All the links on google point to using cups with cups-lpd daemon but
at this stage I am a bit reluctant to go to a whole new printing daemon. Any
suggestions on how to rectify this without resorting to cups? The printers
use generic  PostScript driver.
Thanks,
Regards,
Boris

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Boris Rousak
Unix systems, BSD
ActewAGL
++++++++++++++++++++++++

*PLEASE NOTE*  This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES:  Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses.  Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.